Q: The skin on my face is patchy. How do I get smooth and flawless skin? I’m getting married in two weeks time.
Ideally, one should start beauty treatments at least three months in advance for naturally radiant and flawless skin. But if two weeks are all you have, go for a normalizing facial that will help rid your skin of patches and make it look radiant. Try the facial which uses only organic products. If the problem persists, hide it with a good foundation and concealer.
Q: My elbows and knees are very dark. How can I lighten them?
Uneven pigmentation on the knees, elbows, inner thighs and underarms is caused by the skin raised melanin content. You can lighten the skin effectively by:
* using a good skin lightening products that’s safe and potent.
* Choosing a sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays
* Taking 500mg of vitamin C supplement daily
Q: My skin is extremely oily and greasy. What can I do to avoid having the makeup run on my wedding day?
Follow a good skin care routine that includes cleansing, moisturizing and toning. A good cleanser will open up oil-and grime-clogged pores.
* Stay away from shiny and shimmering makeup, except on the lips, which will help distract from your other features. Keep the cheek colors soft and natural.
Look for a matte foundation that’s designed to last long.
* Use foundation that’s one shade lighter than your skin tone to compensate for the darkening caused by the oil.
* Use silicon-based primers that increase the wearing properties of a foundation and prevent discolorations.
* Use a concealer to reduce the amount of foundation you need for coverage. Use it judiciously to cover problems areas.
* Use blotting paper during the day to remove excess oil.
Q: How do I conceal dark circles and under-eye bags? I am fair-complexioned and the dark circles really stand our on my face.
Get enough sleep and stay away from stress.
* Identify and treat allergies, if any.
* Use overnight face and under-eye creams that have vitamin K and retinol
* Supplement your diet with vitamins.
* Stay well-hydrated and reduce your salt intake.
Q: How can I make my lips look fuller?
Adding a touch of gloss to the centre of your bottom lip, over your lip colour, to make it appear fuller and rounder. Add a bit of shimmer to the top of the lip’s ridge to give it more definition. Try a delicate gold if you are wearing a peach or red lip colour or a pink shimmer if you’re wearing a cool or nude hue.
Q: I want look my eyes to look large and attractive. Any tips on achieving that effect?
Start by using a matte or shimmer eyeshadow in a neutral hue. To give your eyes a subtle almond shape, use liner in a complementary colour (think brown liner with a brownish shadow). Smudging upwards to soften the line. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes to get them to open up. The key to making your eyes really stand out is to use false eyelashes. You can even try a volume defining mascara.
Q: How do I keep eyeshadow from creasing on my eyelids?
A great way to battle the crease is to apply an eyeshadow base colour. It helps ground everything you apply on top of it and ensures that your colour doesn’t move. This trick will also help paler colours to appear truer, exactly like they look on the packaging. If you don’t want to lay it on too thick, try a product that formulated for light, long lasting wear.